Sunday 27 February 2011

Sub Space - A Natter

It's something that came up in conversation with Mist recently. He would rather his partner didn't space out and was there with him expriencing the sensations rather than have gone mentally and physically numb. And it got me to thinking, is that my subspace block? Do I actually like being there in the moment with my partner? Do I want to be able to look into their eyes when haze of pain has faded away and be totally grounded by them?

It would explain a lot, and it is a conversation we keep saying we could sit and have during emails and texts but the conversation never gets around to that. We've normally got better things to do!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, you could be right about it being a block if you think of subspace as necessarily being mentally and physically numb. Obviously, I can't speak for ever submissive on the planet, but for me subspace does not render me numb at all, just puts me in a different place. I only become mentally and physically numb when I am transformed into something that removes my humanity, and the feelings (or lack of them) related to that are nothing like subspace. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to bare that in mind next time we'rer playing. I have known people that do end up physically numb and I don't want that. Although there were moments when those clothes pegs were on I was wishing! Thanks for giving me another perspective one it. x

    ReplyDelete